Make your Easter special with these delicious recipes!
What you’ll need to recreate these cupcakes:
400g caster sugar
400g self-raising flour, sieved .
300g icing sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Lots of chocolate Egglets, Bunnies & Speckled Eggs
Chocolate Pie Base
- 24 x Oreo Cookies – Choc Brownie Flavour
- 100gr Unsalted Butter
- 300ml Double Cream
- 400gr Milk Chocolate
- Pinch of Salt
- 50gr Unsalted Butter
- Round Non Stick Tart/Quiche Tin (with a loose base)
- A little butter or vegetable oil for Greasing
- Rolling Pin & Freezer Bag
- Mini Eggs, Malteser Mini Bunnies or Easter Themed Chocolate Treats
- Lightly grease your tin base and sides with a little butter or vegetable oil and kitchen roll.
- Place all of your cookies into a freezer bag and then bash well with a rolling pin, until you have a fine crumbs with no big cookie pieces left.
- Place your butter into a saucepan and melt over a low heat until dissolved. Take off the heat and then add your crushed cookies, stirring all together making a moist crushed cookie mix.
- Tip into your pan and use the base of a tablespoon to spread all of your mix out covering the sides and the base ready for your filling.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Break up your chocolate into squares and set aside ready.
- Boil your cream in a saucepan over a low heat, gently stirring with a wooden spoon until it starts to bubble and boil continuously.
- Take off the heat and add your butter and chocolate, then continue to stir until all of the chocolate has melted with no lumps. Leave to cool down slightly for 20 minutes.
- Pour your filling into the pie base, then pop back into the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up slightly before adding your treats (otherwise they will sink into the filling).
- Take your pie out of the fridge and decorate with your toppings.
- Chill for a couple of hours or overnight before carefully removing from the tin and serving. To remove your pie from your tin hold your tin a few inches above your worktop then use your other hand to push the under base up to push the pie up and out of the round case.